Health Topics beginning with "E"
- Ear Infection, Middle - infection in the middle ear. This is not contagious from person to person, but the preceding respiratory infection causing it may be contagious.
- Ear Infection, outer - inflammation or infection of the ear canal that extends from the eardrum to the outside.
- Eating disorders - are psychological disturbances related to body image and eating habits.
- Eczema - a chronic allergic skin disorder.
- Edema, angioneurotic - may be a hypersensitivity reaction and is characterized by fluid collection in the deeper layers of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Emphysema - A chronic lung condition in which air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs become overstretched, destroying the elasticity of fibers that open and close the air sacs during breathing.
- Encephalitis - an acute inflammation involving the brain caused by a viral infection.
- Endocarditis - a non-contagious infection involving the heart muscle, heart valves, endocardium (lining of the heart chambers or valves).
- Endometriosis - a disorder in which tissue resembling the inner lining of the uterus (endometrium) appears at unusual locations in the lower abdomen.
- Endophthalmitis - is an extensive infection of the inside of the eye (intraocular).
- Enuresis, Nocturnal - is the involuntary loss of urine.
- Epicondylitis - occurs when tendons in the elbow develop microscopic tears and inflammation.
- Epiglottitis - A sudden, life-threatening childhood infection of the epiglottis (a small flap of tissue in the back of the throat that guards the airway entrance to the lung).
- Epilepsy - a disorder of brain function characterized by recurrent sudden seizures, brief attacks of inappropriate behavior, change in one's state of consciousness or bizarre movements.
- Erysipeloid - is a bacterial infection caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
- Erythema multiforme - is a sudden (acute) inflammation of the skin.
- Escherichia Coli - is a bacterium normally found in the human digestive tract that is associated with various diseases.
- Esophagus Cancer - for reasons that are not currently understood, the number of cases of oesophageal cancer is on the increase.
- Ectopic pregnancy - Pregnancy in which a fertilized egg develops outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tubes (interstitial) but sometimes in the cervix, ovary or abdomen.
- Encopresis - Childhood fecal incontinence associated with constipation and fecal retention.
- Erythema nodosum - Inflammation of fat tissue under the skin. Commonly appears on the shins, but also affects ankles, knees, forearms and other areas.
Drugs listed by generic starting with E
- Escitalopram - is typically prescribed as an antidepressant.
- Esomeprazole - is indicated for the treatment of erosive gastritis (damage to lower esophagus by acid reflux from stomach), moderate to severe heartburn, and reduction in reoccurance of duodenal ulcers.
©2007-2012. Nmihi.com All rights reserved. This site is for information and support only.