Where can I buy Nexium?
Nexium is indicated for the treatment of erosive gastritis (damage to lower esophagus by acid reflux from stomach), moderate to severe heartburn, and reduction in reoccurance of duodenal ulcers. It acts by inhibiting proton pumps (hydrogen ion) in the stomach. This inhibition reduces the amount of acid produced by the stomach.
Original uses (on-label)
Patients can order esomeprazole online to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
, severe erosive esophagitis; treatment of active duodenal ulcers in combination with antiinfectives for Helicobacter pylori infection
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Irreversibly inactivates proton pump in gastric parietal cells, which blocks the final step in secretion of hydrochloric acid; acid secretion is inhibited until additional enzyme is synthesized; inhibits basal and stimulated gastric acid secretion.
Potential side effects
The most common side effects are headache (5%), diarrhea, nausea, flatulence (gas) abdominal pain and constipation.
Please read the following points before you buy esomeprazole.
- Contraindicated with hypersensitivity to omeprazole, esomeprazole, or other proton pump inhibitor.
- Use cautiously with hepatic dysfunction, pregnancy, lactation.
- If you are taking generic Nexium and start to have chronic diarrhea, please consult your physician so that he can decide whether or not this is the right medication for you.
- Drugs dependent on gastric pH for bioavailability (eg, ketoconazole, iron salts, digoxin). Absorption of these drugs may be affected.
- Increased esomeprazole serum levels: flurazepam, triazolam.
- Increased bleeding: warfarin.
- Decreased diazepam clearance resulting in increased diazepam serum concentrations.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding cautions
Pregnancy category B; likely to be excreted into breast milk, use caution in nursing mothers (suppression of gastric acid secretion is potential effect in nursing infant, clinical significance unknown).
- Contact your doctor before you order Nexium.
- Take the drug at least 1 hr before meals. Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew or crush. If you cannot swallow the capsule, it can be opened and sprinkled in applesauce or mixed in tap water, orange or apple juice, or yogurt; do not crush or chew the pellets. This drug will need to be taken for 4-8 wk, at which time your condition will be reevaluated.
- Report severe headache, worsening of symptoms, fever, chills, darkening of the skin, changes in color of urine or stool.
What is Nexium?
Nexium is a type of medicine called a proton-pump inhibitor. It works by decreasing the amount of acid made by the stomach, to give relief of symptoms and allow healing to take place. This does not stop food being digested in the normal way.
Brands & Classes
Antiulcer agent; gastrointestinal antisecretory agent; Gastrointestinal/Proton Pump Inhibitor
Capsule - Oral 20 mg, 40 mg.
Healing of erosive esophagitis: PO 20-40 mg daily for 4-8 week; for patients who do not heal after 4-8 week, and additional 4-8 week of treatment may be considered.
Maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis: PO 20 mg every day.
GERD: PO 20 mg every day for 4 wk; if symptoms do not resolve completely after 4 wk, an additional 4 week of treatment my be considered.
Eradication of H. pylori: PO 40 mg daily in combination with amoxicillin 1 gm twice a day and clarithromycin 500 mg twice a day for 10 days (triple therapy).
Dose adjustment in severe liver impairment: PO a dose of 20 mg every day should not be exceeded.