Health Topics beginning with "R"
- Rabies - An infectious and acute viral disease of most warm-blooded animals, especially wolves, cats and dogs.
- Raynaud's disease and phenomenon - is a primary disorder of the circulatory system that affects blood circulation to fingers and occasionally toes.
- Reiter's syndrome - an inflammatory disease characterized by a symptom complex of arthritis, urethritis, conjunctivitis and psoriasis.
- Rheumatic fever - an inflammatory complication of Group A streptococcal infections that affects many parts of the body, especially the joints and heart.
- Rhinitis, chronic - is an inflammation of the nasal mucosa.
- Rhinoscleroma - is a chronic infection of the upper airway, in which hard stony growths develop, sometimes leading to marked deformity.
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - an acute illness with fever caused by a germ transmitted by infected ticks.
- Radiation Colitis - Inflammation and irritation of the colon caused by radiation.
- Rectal prolapse - The shifting of a body part from its usual position, such as the bulging of the lining of the rectum through the anus.
- Renal failure chronic - A stage of chronic kidney (renal) failure in which kidney function has dropped to the point that replacement methods are needed (dialysis or kidney transplant).
- Retinal Glioma - A tumor of the retina (nerve tissue in the rear eye) that usually occurs in children.
- Reye's syndrome - A rare, life-threatening disease characterized by swelling of the brain and liver damage.
- Rh incompatibility - A condition in which a pregnant woman with Rh-negative blood is exposed to Rh-positive blood cells (usually from the fetus).
- Ringworm - Fungal infection in the form of a red, scaly, itchy patch or bump. It may affect the skin, nails or scalp.
- Roseola infantum - An acute viral infection that affects infants and small children.
- Roundworm Infection - Infection with any of a group of invertebrates with long, round bodies.
- Rubella - A childhood viral illness that can have serious effects on a fetus (birth defects, stillbirth) if the mother contracts the illness during pregnancy.
- Rubeola - A highly contagious viral illness marked by fever, cough, conjunctivitis (irritation in eye membranes) and rash that tends to affect children.
©2007-2012. Nmihi.com All rights reserved. This site is for information and support only.